This recipe was prepared for Natural Force by nutritionist, Staci Shacter MS RD LDN, author of The Meat & Potatoes of a Healthy Meal Plan…no bun intended. Using a “real food first” philosophy, Staci specializes in digestive issues, chronic fatigue, autoimmune disease, and other inflammatory conditions. If you would like to work directly with Staci, you can get $50 off your initial phone or Skype consultation by mentioning the 2018 Mind-Body Blueprint. Staci can be reached by email at [email protected], via her website stacisplate.com, or on Instagram @stacisplate.
A healthy breakfast doesn’t have to be a complex, time-consuming production. All you need is 5 minutes and the right smoothie recipe!
Packed with 38 grams of complete protein, high quality fats from avocado and almond butter, and more than 2 cups of fruits and veggies, this nutrient-dense, 5 minute breakfast will supercharge your morning with long-lasting energy, a clear, focused mind, a happy gut, and, it’ll even help you burn fat!
How to Maximize Your Breakfast Smoothie Experience:
- CHOOSE YOUR BERRIES: We recommend a mix of organic berries like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and/or blueberries because in addition to being delicious, the variety provides a wider range of nutrients. If prefer one type of berry in particular, go ahead and use it, just note that it may alter the flavor and color of your smoothie.
- BURN FAT WITH ORGANIC WHEY PROTEIN: Whey keeps you fuller longer, stabilizes your blood sugar, and protects your cells from stress, all of which contribute to consistent fat loss. Give yourself the advantage with a clean, organic, non-GMO whey protein like our Natural Force Organic Vanilla Whey Protein Powder.
- GO FOR THE GREENS: We recommend spinach for this recipe because as a softer green, the blender will break it down so that it smoothly integrates into the texture of the smoothie. You’re welcome to use other greens, just be aware that thicker leaves like kale may not break down as easily, resulting in little green leafy bits in your smoothie.
- USE A BLENDER: Depending on the blender you use, you may have to periodically use a spoon and stir the mixture to make sure it is completely blended. Smaller, lower power blenders may take a little bit more time to mix.
Green Breakfast Smoothie with Collagen Peptides and Organic Whey Protein
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Recipe Values: Paleo, Vegetarian*
Course: Breakfast, Snack
Nutrition Facts: 457 Calories, 38g Protein, 18g Net Carbs, 21g Fat
Allergen Info: Peanut-free, seafood-free, shellfish-free, egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free
Required Equipment: Blender
1 cup frozen mixed berries
2 handfuls baby spinach (or any triple washed organic leafy greens)
1 cup your favorite unsweetened coconut or nut milk
1 tbsp almond butter
1 scoop Natural Force Collagen Peptides (omit if vegetarian)
2-3 ice cubes
- Add berries, greens, avocado, milk, and almond butter to blender and mix until leafy chunks are gone.
- Add protein powder and collagen peptides to mixture and blend until powder is dissolved.
- If desired, add any of the optional variations below and blend until combined.
- Add ice cubes and blend until mixture is smooth. (If mixture becomes stiff, add 1 tbsp of milk at a time and blend. Repeat until smoothie consistency returns.)
- Pour into your favorite cup and enjoy! For maximum nutrient content, drink smoothie immediately.
- For more sweetness: Add 1 small banana or 2-3 dates
- For more fiber: Add 1-2 tsps chia seeds or flax seeds
- For more healthy fat: Add 2 tbsp hemp seeds or a handful of nuts
- For dairy-free: Use 1 scoop of Natural Force Organic Plant Protein in place of Natural Force Organic Whey Protein Concentrate
(Want recipes like this via email? Here's the sign up!)