(Want to get articles like this by email? Here’s the sign up)
Our Whey Protein Concentrate and Collagen Peptides are each great on their own. But if you really want to get crazy (and enjoy some unique benefits while you’re at it), try using whey and collagen together. This dynamic duo gives you the best of both protein worlds. Your muscles, brain, skin, hair, and joints will thank you for giving them what they need, and you’ll slow down the aging process, combat stress, and increase your immunity.
In this article you’ll learn:
- What Collagen Peptides are
- The benefits of Collagen Peptides
- What Organic Whey Protein is
- The benefits of Organic Whey Protein
- Why you should combine Collagen Peptides and Organic Whey Protein
- How to combine Collagen Peptides and Organic Whey Protein
Collagen is a special type of protein found in the connective tissue and skin of animals – including humans. All proteins, collagen included, are made up of smaller molecules called amino acids.
Normal collagen doesn’t digest well in your stomach, and you end up not being able to use a lot of it. Collagen peptides, on the other hand, are broken down into easy-to-digest amino acids which your body can absorb quickly. Once absorbed, your body can use collagen peptides to manufacture its own collagen in your joints, skin, hair, and so on. And, of course, Natural Force collagen peptides are organic, non-GMO, sustainable, and come from 100% grass-fed cows.
The benefits of collagen peptides include:
- Heat Stability: Collagen peptides don’t break down or lose their benefits when heated, so they are perfect for cooking and baking.
- Amino Acids: Collagen peptides are full of a few precious amino acids:
- Glycine and Arginine combine with methionine to make creatine; then your muscles use creatine for energy.
- Hydroxyproline in combination with glycine and arginine, creates collagen in your body, keeping your skin youthful and your joints strong.
- Glutamic acid passes along roughly 40% of all chemical and electrical messages in the brain.
- Elastin: a compound that actually sounds like what it does. Elastin helps keep your skin and joints supple, flexible, and hydrated – like a new elastic band. Glycine and hydroxyproline-rich collagen peptides provide the perfect building blocks for your body to make more elastin.
Whey protein is a byproduct of the cheese making process. Whey is one of the most digestible types of protein available. Whey concentrate powder is super high in protein, enzymes, and cofactors, with almost no fat or carbs. And, as with all our other products, Natural Force whey is organic, non-GMO, and sustainable. It’s also made with the milk from 100% grass-fed cows.
The benefits of whey protein include:
- Glutathione production: Glutathione is your body’s stress-busting, immune-boosting super antioxidant. Whey protein can help increase glutathione levels in your body, combating inflammation and the negative effects of stress.
- Stable blood sugar: Whey protein can decrease the effects of carbohydrates on your blood sugar. This will keep your energy from going up and down, and also keep cravings in check.
- Post-workout recovery: Whey protein absorbs quickly and is rich in branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), a special collection of amino acids that
- More nutrients: If you combine the amino acid profiles of collagen protein and whey protein powder, you get all the benefits of both. Why choose between maximum muscle recovery and super antioxidants? Combining these two will give you everything you need to keep your muscles, metabolism, immune system, skin, hair, and joints in top form.
- Convenience: Both collagen peptides and whey protein are super easy to mix into liquids. And if you have a particular protein goal you’re trying to meet, combining them gives you more options. ½ scoop of each and you have 15g of protein. You can easily change the proportions to suit your needs.
- Easy to digest: Whey protein and collagen peptides are both easy to digest and use as fuel, so even if you have sensitive digestion or a condition like IBS, you still have high protein options that can reduce inflammation and help you gain muscle mass.
- Add a scoop of each to your next shake or smoothie or try our Fat-Burning Whey Protein Breakfast Smoothie recipe for inspiration.
- Add both to coffee for a creamy, nutritious brew!
- On a lighter workout day, you can use more collagen peptides to give your skin, nails, and connective tissues what they need to stay strong. On a day when you do serious endurance training or lift weights, increase the amount of whey protein powder to help your muscles recover.
- Replace 1/8 cup of flour in your pancake or waffle batter with a scoop of protein powder and collagen peptides.
- Eat a muffin made with collagen peptides in the morning, and a shake made with whey protein powder after your workout.
Also published on Medium.