Rich, delicious coffee is an indulgence that you can feel good about when it’s made with nutrient dense, real food ingredients like organic coffee, cacao butter, MCT oil and collagen. With this dairy-free Keto Coffee recipe you’ll get the low glycemic, fast-burning fats and clean protein you need to keep your energy levels high and your appetite low for hours on end!
How to Maximize Your Keto Coffee Experience:
- BUY GOOD BEANS: You can’t have a good cup of coffee without high quality coffee beans. We recommend looking for an organic, fair trade certified dark roast like this “Bold” blend from Ethical Bean Coffee.
- USE A FRENCH PRESS: Almost as important as the beans is your brew method. We recommend the French press as it is not only convenient, but it also increases the health benefits of your coffee. Unlike drip methods, French press coffee has higher levels of the bioactive compound cafestol, which activates the brain boosting neuroprotective factor, Nrf2.
- GET AN IMMERSION BLENDER: Getting the coffee shop experience of crema, that light, silky foam on the top of your coffee, is possible if you invest in this key piece of equipment. We like the 200-watt Cuisinart Hand Blender. It has plenty of power and slick, brushed silver styling.
Dairy-Free Keto Coffee
Values: Low Carb, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, Keto Friendly
7oz (207mL) – Brewed Hot Organic Dark Roast Coffee
1 tbsp (15mL) – Natural Force 100% Pure Coconut MCT Oil
1 level (11.1gm) scoop – Natural Force Unflavored Collagen Peptides
1 tbsp (15mL) – Organic Cacao Butter
2 tbsp (30mL) – Full Fat Coconut Cream
1. Start brewing your coffee in your French press.
2. Add the coconut cream to the blending cup and, using the immersion blender, mix it until frothy.
3. Add cacao butter, Unflavored Collagen Peptides, Pure Coconut MCT Oil, and brewed coffee to blending cup mix on high. It is done when there is a layer of silky foam crema on the top.
A Touch of Sweetness
We think this recipe is perfect as is, but if you’d like it to be a little sweeter, try adding a drop of organic liquid stevia at the end. Taste test one drop at a time to reach the desired level of sweetness.
Nuts for Hazelnut
Can’t get enough hazelnut? Try adding 2 tsp of Hazelnut Oil during step 3.
Also published on Medium.