Marine collagen peptides are more than just a convenient protein source. Marine collagen decreases wrinkles and prevents your skin from aging. It’s great for joints. It’s even good for cooking.
There are a lot of reasons to use collagen. The question is: what’s the best way to add more collagen to your diet? Well, we have a few ideas.
Here are 10 ways to get more collagen in your daily life!
1. Dairy Free Keto Bullet Coffee with MCT Oil and Collagen Peptides
Collagen is heat-stable and flavorless, which makes it the perfect addition to your morning coffee. Try our Dairy Free Keto Bullet Coffee with MCT Oil and Collagen Peptides recipe to start your day off with a huge dose of polyphenols and targeted amino acids. The fat in keto coffee slows down caffeine absorption, giving you steady energy for several hours, and starting your morning with protein increases satiety and helps with gradual fat loss. Though the recipe calls for bovine collagen peptides, you can easily substitute a scoop of marine collagen peptides for the benefits of beautiful skin!
2. High-Protein Keto Mermaid Smoothie BowlThe Keto Mermaid Smoothie Bowl is one of our most popular recipes. It’s packed with healthy fats, anti-aging collagen protein, antioxidants to help fight free radicals and cell damage, and brain-boosting MCT oil. Try it for breakfast, or as an after-dinner dessert.
3. Add Marine Collagen to a Post-Workout Protein Shake
Add a scoop of marine collagen to your post-workout shake. Collagen peptides contain specific amino acids that help decrease stress on joints after exercise. Try a combo of marine collagen and whey protein to support both joint strength and muscle growth.
4. Chocolate Mint Keto Energy BallsGet your daily dose of marine collagen from these Chocolate Mint Keto Energy Balls. These are a great nutrient-dense snack when you find yourself stuck in traffic or between meetings with nothing healthy to eat. Keep them on hand for a subtly sweet, protein-packed snack full of healthy fats and antioxidants. Again, the recipe calls for bovine collagen peptides, but you can easily swap marine collagen without affecting the taste or texture!
5. Add Marine Collagen to Soup
Most bone broths already have a bit of collagen in them. Adding a little extra marine collagen can thicken your soups and stews and increase the amino acid content without changing the flavor. Just toss a scoop of collagen in, stir until smooth, and serve.
6. Paleo Protein Pancakes with Collagen PeptidesMarine collagen is perfect for baking, too. Again, it’s heat stable, which means it’ll keep its integrity as a valuable protein source, even when baked into to your favorite pancake mix. Collagen is especially good for baking because it retains moisture, ensuring that your pancakes will be fluffy and rich. One scoop per serving should be plenty. For a delicious marine collagen pancakes, try our Paleo Protein Pancakes with Collagen Peptides!
7. Add Marine Collagen to a Yogurt Bowl
Yogurt is full of probiotics that can help balance your gut bacteria. It’s also a great vehicle for collagen peptides. Simply add a scoop of marine collagen to your favorite yogurt bowl and stir! Marine collagen peptides will mix in smoothly - no grittiness and no change to your yogurt bowl’s flavor.
Image courtesy of whitespaceandwellness.com
8. Marine Collagen MacaroonsMarine collagen is a great way to boost the nutritional benefits of your dessert without affecting the taste so you can indulge, guilt-free! Try these beautiful Mood-Boosting Macaroons from Whitespace + Wellness!
9. Marine Collagen Chia Seed Pudding
Chia seed pudding already boasts an impressive mix of antioxidants, fiber, and essential healthy fats. Marine collagen mixes well with the gelatinous texture of the chia seeds and the added protein will make your chia seed pudding especially satiating. Try adding a scoop of marine collagen peptides to this gorgeous Apple Pie Chia Parfait from That Nutritious Life.
10. Add Marine Collagen to Baked GoodsBecause marine collagen is flavorless, it's the perfect way to give your desserts a healthy edge! Add a scoop to your next batch of muffins, cookies, or cake. You won't taste the difference, but your skin will be glowing!
Choosing the Best Marine Collagen
Natural Force Marine Collagen comes from sustainably harvested, wild-caught red snapper from the South Pacific. We hydrolyze our collagen for maximum absorption and lab test every batch so we know it’s free of mercury and other toxins. Maybe we’re a little biased, but we think it’s the highest-quality marine collagen on the market.
How do you use marine collagen peptides in your diet? Have you noticed any benefits? Let us know in the comments. Thanks for reading!
(Want to get articles like this by email? Here's the sign up)