Is Coffee Bad for You?
Conventionally grown coffees often contain toxins that can be harmful to your health. These toxins can cause short term symptoms like fatigue, weakness, and brain fog. They may also lead to long-term health consequences such as cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, and more. Common contaminants include:
- Ochratoxin A
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Yeast and Pesticides
Though your morning cup of coffee may seem innocent, it's likely hiding a myriad of mold, toxins, and pesticides. Every batch of Natural Force Clean Coffee is rigorously tested for these health offenders.
Health Benefits of Clean Coffee
It's rigorous standards that ensure every bag of Clean Coffee isn't just absent of the bad stuff, but as importantly, contains the good stuff that will give you the healthiest, most flavorful cup of coffee you've ever had!
- Clean Coffee starts with single origin, hand-picked, specialty grade, and organically grown Arabica coffee beans sourced from sustainable coffee plantations
- Each batch is rigorously tested for health offenders including Ochratoxin A, Aflatoxin, Acrylamide, fungus, yeast, and 165 different types of pesticide residue
- Green coffee beans are stored in temperature-controlled warehouses to prevent mold growth
- Clean Coffee is then roasted in a smokeless machine that simultaneously reduces harmful compounds while boosting beneficial compounds like the super antioxidant chlorogenic acid
- The beans are tested again to ensure they contain up to 200% more antioxidants than 44 other coffee brands
- Finally, the roasted Clean Coffee is quickly packaged in a recyclable, BPA-free bag and flushed with nitrogen to ensure that you experience the delicious aroma and flavor of fresh roasted coffee with every cup
Antioxidants in Coffee
Chlorogenic acid (CGA) is the main antioxidant in coffee. CGA can help us sustain energy by canceling out chemicals that are capable of harming our bodies. Some of its benefits include: reducing blood pressure, protecting against heart disease and promoting weight loss. Medium roast coffees generally contain more CGA than light or dark roasts.
If grown organically and carefully roasted to a medium level, your morning coffee can be a great source of antioxidants. When looking at the average coffee, Brewed Arabica Coffee Medium Roast, its ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) score is 2,780 per every 100 grams. This is nearly double that of other antioxidant rich foods such as kale!
How should I store my Clean Coffee?
A well-sealed, opaque container of coffee on your pantry shelf is the best way to store your coffee once it has been opened.
It is all right, though, to freeze well-protected, unopened packs of whole beans for up to a month. When you remove the frozen beans, let them warm to room temperature in your pantry first, then grind and brew within two weeks, as you do with fresh coffee.
How long does Clean Coffee stay fresh once opened?
Once a bag has been opened, it is recommended to be consumed within 15 days or else the coffee will begin to stale and lose its health benefits.
Before opening, our coffee stays fresh for up to 10 months after roasting due to our nitrogen flushing process.
Do you offer ground coffee?
We only offer Clean Coffee in whole beans. The whole bean preserves the freshness of the coffee, and therefore, locks in the antioxidants.