When you start the keto diet, it can turn a simple grocery shopping trip into an hours-long search for foods that fit your new low carb, high fat macros. So we've done the hard work for you! Below, you'll discover the 7 best keto-friendly grocery stores, along with keto shopping lists for each, so you know exactly where to shop and what foods to buy to help you burn fat, boost your energy, and feel great!
In this article you will learn how to shop keto at:
Trader Joe's is a mecca for convenient and affordable keto-friendly groceries. Not only do they carry a selection of high fat low carb ready-to-eat meals, but they also have a wide variety of frozen foods that are ready to heat-and-eat for a quick keto meal.
Our favorite keto groceries at Trader Joe's:
- Cobb Salad (with dressing)
- Fire Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Butter Sauce
- Grass Fed Angus Beef Burgers
- Oven-Baked Cheese Bites
Costco has a treasure-trove of keto products waiting to be discovered! Here, you can get everything from meat to fresh produce, to low carb snacks, and even keto cookbooks, in quantities that will keep your kitchen stocked with delicious ketogenic foods for weeks at a time!
Our favorite keto groceries at Costco:
- Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-fed Beef Cooked Uncured Polish Sausage
- Kirkland Protein Bar Variety Pack (Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough)
- King Cheese Spirella Minis
- 4505 Chicharrones Fried Pork Rinds Classic Chili & Salt
Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is a logical choice for keto grocery shopping. Not only do they have a wide variety of high-quality keto-friendly foods, but they also carry a number of specialty keto products that can otherwise be difficult to find!
Our favorite keto groceries at Whole Foods:
- 365 Santa Maria Beef Tri-Tip
- Wellshire Sugar Free Dry Rubbed All Natural Sliced Uncured Bacon
- Zevia Zero Calorie Soda
- Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
Aldi Food Market
If you're doing keto on a budget, Aldi is the place to shop. They've got a wide selection of keto staples at the cheapest prices you'll find anywhere so you can keep your grocery bill low and your ketone levels high!
Our favorite keto groceries at Aldi:
- Grass-fed Irish Butter
- 16oz Classic Guacamole
- 80 Single-Serving Stevia Packets
Bacon & Cheddar Cheese Black Angus Burgers
When you think of keto grocery shopping, Target probably isn't the first store to come to mind. But let us assure you, Target has an impressive selection of keto products! So after you're done shopping for clothes and other knick-knacks, head over to Target's food department to knock out your grocery shopping for the week!
Our favorite keto groceries at Target:
- Archer Farms Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Pork Chops
- Three Bridges Sausage Egg Bites
- Birch Benders Keto Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
Walmart is another unexpected place to find a wealth of keto groceries. It's also a prime shopping destination when you want to keep keto affordable. With a vast selection of high fat, low carb meat, produce, snacks, and even some specialty keto products, you'll find all the groceries you need burn fat and keep your wallet happy!
Our favorite keto groceries at Walmart:
- Wholly Guacamole Minis
- Rapidfire Ketogenic Coffee
- Realgood Pizza Co. Uncured Pepperoni Snack Size Pizzas
- Marketside Traditional Rotisserie Chicken
You may think of Publix as your average grocery store, but they actually carry a variety of high-quality keto foods. Not only do they stock organic produce and grass-fed meat, but they also have a selection of keto baking supplies and pantry items that will keep your diet exciting and delicious!
Our favorite keto groceries at Publix:
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- Kelapo Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Whisps Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs Hard-Boiled
(Want articles like this via email? Here's the sign up!)