Can you cook with MCT Oil? Yes, you can! MCT oil can be added to more than just your morning Keto Bullet Coffee.
MCT Oil is a mainstay for people looking to shed fat and increase power and productivity. And for good reason! It's full of energizing, brain-fueling healthy fats.
Keep reading to discover all the surprising and innovative ways you can cook with MCT Oil.
In this article you will learn:
- Why you should prepare food with MCT
- How to cook with MCT
- Other ways to use in food
- 9 ideas to get started
Reasons to Prepare Food with MCT Oil
- MCT oil is flavorless: Even though our MCT oil is made from 100% pure organic coconut oil, MCT oil is flavorless, so it works well in any dish without adding any coconut flavor.
- Combines well with other supplements: MCT oil combines well with collagen peptides, whey protein, and bone broth protein. Together, the fats and proteins make a nutrient-dense food source that will keep you full and energized for hours.
- No melting required: MCT oil won’t turn solid at room temperature or in the fridge, so you never have to melt it before using it in a recipe.
How to Cook with MCT
MCT Oil can be used for low to mid temperature cooking. The smoke point of MCT oil is 320°F, which is lower than it's cousin coconut oil, who's smoke point is 350°F.
Anything above 320°F will start to damage the fats, making the powers of MCT oil less potent.
Other Ways to Use MCT Oil in Food
- Blend it. Regular MCT oil needs to be blended into beverages in a high-speed blender or electric whisk. Otherwise, MCT oil will float right to the top of your drink. If you prefer not to blend your beverages, try emulsified MCT (also known as Keto Coffee Creamer), which will mix completely into beverages with no blending.
- Drizzle it. Adding small amounts of MCTs to any food will add some healthy fats, plus make the flavors pop! Read on for even more innovative ways to add these healthy fats to your diet.
- Replace other oils with it. Do you have a recipe that calls for canola oil, vegetable oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or olive oil? Substitute with MCT oil!
9 Surprising Ways to Use MCT Oil
1. Keto Green Goddess Salad Dressing with MCT Oil
From basic oil and vinegar to our Keto Green Goddess Salad Dressing with MCT Oil, choose MCT oil over (or in addition to) olive oil or avocado oil to turn your salad into a fat-burning meal.
2. Roasting Veggies
You can use MCT oil with your roasted vegetables in one of two ways: Roast your vegetables at 350°F or lower with lots of MCT oil, or use a little avocado oil to roast them at a higher temperature, and drizzle MCT oil on them before serving – this way you don’t have to worry about damaging the fat.
3. Dairy Free Keto Bullet Coffee with MCT Oil and Collagen Peptides
Is the thought of your morning coffee the thing that gets you out of bed in the morning? This recipe for Dairy Free Keto Bullet Coffee with MCT Oil and Collagen Peptides, with MCT oil and collagen peptides, will take your morning to the next level. The healthy fats and protein will keep you going strong with no post-coffee crash.
4. Keto No Bake Spinach and Artichoke Dip with MCT Oil
Upgrade your snack time with this creamy, delicious No Bake Spinach and Artichoke Dip! It takes just minutes to whip up this keto crowd-pleaser and it's the perfect appetizer for your next football viewing party or backyard cookout!
5. Keto Mermaid Smoothie Bowl with Marine Collagen
You can add MCTs to any smoothie, but our popular Keto Mermaid Smoothie Bowl is a delicious and complete meal in a bowl. Get a well-rounded, slightly sweet meal with all the fruits, veggies, protein, superfood greens, and MCTs you’ll need to power through your day.
6. Sautéing Veggies or Protein
MCT oil is also great for sautéing your vegetables, tempeh, or steak. Keep the heat at medium or lower to see all of the benefits. Or, drizzle on afterward to avoid any possible damage from the heat.
7. Add to Your Morning Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a delicious and heart-healthy breakfast, but sometimes it can leave you feeling sleepy and hungry a few hours later. Adding a little MCT oil can help your body process those carbohydrates more slowly so you get energy and a fiber-rich meal.
8. Keto Matcha Latte with Keto Coffee Creamer
Don’t drink coffee? You can get the energy and antioxidant benefits of keto coffee from keto matcha. Try our delicious Keto Matcha Latte with Creamy MCT Oil recipe!
9. Desserts and Breakfast Treats
Substitute MCT for other oils when you bake! Try it in our Keto Pumpkin Spice Muffins!
It’s also perfect in desserts that go in the freezer - like fudge made from MCT, honey, almond butter, and vanilla. MCT oil will solidify when you freeze it, but it melts quickly in your mouth. Try using our Creamy MCT Oil as a magic shell on our Dairy Free Cake Batter N'Ice Cream!
The Best MCT Oil
Natural Force Organic MCT Oil is always made from 100% pure coconut oil harvested from sustainable coconut farms, making it one of the highest quality MCT oils on the market.
Have a favorite MCT oil recipe to share? Please post it in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
(Want to get articles like this by email? Here's the sign up)