There are certain things we start to accept as we get older – that joints will start to ache, that weight will be harder to lose, and that being tired all the time is inevitable. The thing is, none of that has to be true. And we’re on a mission to spread the news: being tired all the time is NOT normal! Read on to find out the top reasons you’re tired all the time and how to get your energy back.
In this article, you will learn:
- 9 possible reasons you’re so tired all the time
- 9 ways to boost your energy and say goodbye to #sotired
9 Possible Reasons You’re Tired All the Time
- Sleep deprivation
- Adrenal fatigue
- Thyroid conditions
- Environmental toxins
- Out-of-whack gut microbiome
- B12 deficiency
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Too much caffeine
9 Ways to Boost Your Energy and Say Goodbye to #SoTired
1. Improve Your Sleep HygieneIf you’re having trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or you wake up feeling exhausted, it’s time to re-evaluate your sleep hygiene! Set yourself up for success with a consistent bedtime and wake-up times, ditch all screens at least one hour before bed, and set up a sleep sanctuary with a totally blacked-out room and cool, comfortable sheets.
2. Drink Less CaffeineThere are plenty of reasons to have your morning cup of joe. A couple of cups of high-quality coffee delivers brain-boosting polyphenols and enough caffeine to jumpstart your day. But your sensitivity to caffeine depends on your genetic makeup and some people are much more sensitive to the effects of caffeine than others. If that sounds like you, you might want to limit your caffeine consumption and avoid any caffeine after noon. Even if you’re not sensitive, start to experiment with cutting down. You might be surprised at the change in your sleep quality and energy levels.
3. Get TestedThe best way to test for conditions like anemia, thyroid disorders, nutrient deficiencies, and other imbalances that could be making you so tired is with good old-fashioned blood work. Find a functional medicine practitioner you trust and ask them to run a full thyroid panel with antibodies, plus a nutrient panel.
4. Eat Energy-Supporting FoodsReplace any sugar and processed carbohydrates with protein, healthy fats, and tons of vegetables. Cutting sugar will erase your cravings and give you lasting energy throughout the day. Think even small amounts of sugar don’t matter? Think again! Shop Now!
5. Incorporate Adaptogenic HerbsAdaptogenic herbs work with your body to lower stress hormones and increase energy when you need it. There are several different types of adaptogens, from herbs to mushrooms, which can help with everything from hormone balance to stress management to cognitive function. You can easily incorporate more adaptogens into your daily routine with our Cordyceps Pro or Organic Pre-Workout!
6. Meditation and Mindfulness PracticesEven just a few times per week, these practices can alleviate depression, anxiety, and improve sleep. If meditation isn’t your thing, try a guided practice with one of the many free meditation apps on the market.
7. B Vitamins and Vitamin D SupplementationThese powerful vitamins are known for their energizing effects. And most people are deficient or low in one or both of these critical nutrients! Start by eating more grass-fed animal products, organ meats, and getting more sun exposure. But it's also good to get your levels checked regularly via a blood test and talk to your functional medicine doctor about supplementation.
8. Change Your WorkoutOne size does not fit all when it comes to working out. If you’re under a lot of stress or you’re not getting adequate sleep, it might be time to take it easy on the CrossFit and try lower impact workouts like yoga, Pilates, or walking. On the other hand, if you’re sitting most of your day and never seem to squeeze a workout in, it might be time to add more vigorous movement to your routine. Experiment with different impacts and frequencies, but always make sure to let your body rest.
9. Check Your House For Mold and Your Water for Heavy MetalsHave you done everything to clean up your diet, change your workouts, and optimize sleep and supplementation – and you're still so tired? Microscopic mold toxins can wreak havoc on your energy and long-term health. And older pipes can contain toxic heavy metals that can build up in your system. Check out at-home and professional-grade tests you to make sure you’re in the clear.
Say Goodbye to So Tired
If you feel like you’ve tried all these recommendations and you’re still #sotired, find a functional medicine doctor you trust. It’s likely there’s something you’re missing!
If you’re ready to get started on a whole new wellness journey where being tired all the time isn’t the norm, check out this article about the Natural Force Lifestyle.
(Want articles like this via email? Here's the sign up)