(Want to get articles like this by email? Here’s the sign up)
Lately, it seems like everyone from celebrities to health experts is talking about bone broth for glowing skin, weight loss, and joint health. If you found yourself thinking that you’d love to try it but found the process of cooking bone broth daunting, organic bone broth protein powder is just what your esthetician and the doctor ordered.
In this article you will learn:
- What is bone broth protein?
- The benefits of bone broth protein
- How bone broth protein is made
- How to use bone broth protein powder
Historically, people used all parts of the animals they consumed; both out of reverence for the animals’ lives, and to get the most nutrition for themselves. One way they did this was to simmer leftover bones, cartilage, and ligaments for many hours over low heat.
This process breaks down the bones and tissues to extract the nutrients found in these parts – vitamins and minerals you can’t find in muscle meat alone. If you look in traditional cookbooks, you’ll discover bone broth is called for in many soup and sauce recipes for added protein, flavor, and thickness.
Here at Natural Force, we’re continuing this healthy tradition, while offering a versatile powdered alternative to fit your busy lifestyle.
There are three types of collagen. Organic bone broth protein powder contains all three; types I and III, which are great for skin, hair, and bones, and type II, which help your cartilage and bones stay healthy and strong.
Our organic bone broth protein powder also contains all 9 essential amino acids, plus cysteine, glutamic acid, and glycine. Read on for just some of the ways these amino acids help.
Bone broth will help your:
- Skin: It contains hyaluronic acid, which keeps skin moisturized and youthful.
- Joints: The hyaluronic acid, glucosamine, and chondroitin in bone broth keep joints lubricated and can reduce pain.
- Immunity: The anti-inflammatory effects of bone broth can reduce the symptoms of colds while delivering the easily absorbable nutrients your body needs to recover.
- Exercise recovery: The essential amino acids found in bone broth protein can speed up recovery in athletes.
- Sleep: Bone broth contains the amino acid glycine, which can help you sleep better and feel less tired during the day.
- Diabetes: Glycine also reduces some of the signs and symptoms of diabetes.
- Cardiovascular health: Glycine may help prevent heart attacks.
- Improve mineral absorption: Glycine helps your body absorb minerals like iron, magnesium, zinc, and potassium.
- Digestive health: The gelatin and amino acids in bone broth protein can prevent ulcers and improve the lining of the digestive tract.
- Detox: Our organic bone broth protein contains the three amino acids, (cysteine, glutamic acid, and glycine) necessary to make glutathione, your body’s master antioxidant, without any GMOs or pesticides.
- Weight loss: The 20g of protein per serving will help you feel full without the blood sugar spikes and dips that can lead to overeating.
We start the process the way people have for thousands of years, by slowly simmering the bones to extract the nutrients. Then we dehydrate the bone broth, creating a powder that is easy and convenient to rehydrate into broth or a shake. That’s right – it’s dehydrated bone broth! No fillers or unnecessary additives involved.
And don’t forget to buy organic. Bone broth made with conventionally-raised animals can contain antibiotics, pesticides/herbicides, GMOs, hormones, and other potentially harmful substances you don’t want in your body. Our organic bone broth powder has a delicious, clean flavor and dissolves completely in liquid.
Natural Force organic bone broth protein is literally dehydrated bone broth so it comes from meat and bones, not cow hides like some other bone broth powders. That means more vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids for you.
With four different flavors – chocolate, vanilla, turmeric, and unflavored – there are plenty of ways to get more nutrient density into your day. Here are just a few ways to use organic bone broth powder:
- Use the unflavored and turmeric options as a vitamin and mineral-rich addition to soups and stews, rice dishes, or homemade veggie burgers.
- For a sweeter treat, add vanilla or chocolate bone broth protein powder into baked goods, puddings, pancakes, oatmeal, or smoothies.
- Simply add hot water for a warm mug of broth or to cold water for an easy protein shake.
Organic bone broth protein powder is a simple way to add even more vitamins, minerals, and powerful amino acids to your food; all in an easy, versatile powder that won’t take you hours of simmering on the stove. Have you tried organic bone broth protein? Let us know in the comments!
Also published on Medium.